Recent years have seen a strengthening of interest in field mycology in west Wales with the
re-establishment of the Glamorgan Fungus group, the promotion of fungus events at the National
Botanic Garden of Wales, the launch of the Carmarthenshire fungus blog
(www.carmarthenshirefungi.co.uk) and continuing interest from the Pembrokeshire Network and
researchers and enthusiasts in Ceredigion.
In order to forge links between fungus enthusiasts across west Wales, a fungus day will be held at the
National Botanic Garden of Wales on Saturday 16th May 2015. The meeting will provide an
excellent opportunity for networking between fungus enthusiasts from the region.
The programme and detailed arrangements are currently being finalised, but will include:
- Introductions from Carmarthenshire, Glamorganshire and Pembrokeshire representatives
- A presentation by mycologists from the RBG Kew on the "Lost and Found" project.
- The launch of the Wales red data list for rusts (Ray Woods and co-authors)
- A presentation on rust recording in Carmarthenshire (Nigel Stringer)
- A guided fungus walk in the grounds
Particular thanks are due to the NBGW for providing the facilities and the Kew L&F project for
supporting the event. Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided. There will be a charge of £5 per head for attendees. Places are limited, with bookings available on a first-come first-served basis.