Last Friday we held a Fungus Foray at Pont Felin Gat near the Botanic Gardens at Llanarthne. Unusually for this year the weather over the previous few days had been quite dry - not complaining but not really what we needed for a foray. A preliminary list for our jaunt is given below:
1. Turkeytail, Trametes versicolor.
2. Chantrelle, Cantharellus cibarius.
3. Common Earthball, Scleroderma citrinum.
4. Rollrim, possibly Alder Rollrim, Paxillus rubicundulus.
5. Mycena rosea.
6. Porcelain Fungus, Oudemansiella mucida.
7. Sulphur Tuft, Hypholoma fasciculare.
8. Polyporous tuberaster.
9. A yellow spindle-type fungus, possibly Clavulinopsis laeticolor, (With smooth oval spores and prominent apiculus).
10. A similar fungus but white, still to be identified.
11. Glistening Ink Cap, Coprinus micaceus.
12. King Arthur's cakes, Daldinia concentrica.
13. Honey Fungus, Armillaria mellea.
14. Southern Bracket, Ganoderma australe.
15. Peeling Oysterling, Crepidotus mollis.
16. Beech Woodwart, Hypoxylon fragiforme.
17. Jelly Babies, Leotia lubrica.
18. Ochre Brittlegill, Russula claroflava.
19. Another yellow Russula sp.
20. Common Brittlestem, Psathyrella candolleana.
21. A small grey tricholoma growing under beech. Possibly Beech Knight, Tricholoma sciodes.
22. Another Tricholoma probably Burnt Knight, Tricholoma ustale.
Also a number of cortinarius spp which were not recorded.
Is there anymore to add to the list ? Comments or corrections? - or perhaps a few photos.